Here is another excellent pasta dish from the zaar. I added grilled shrimp with olive oil Thyme and Basil. I used campanelle pasta and Parmesan cheese instead of Gorgonzola. Very good.
Pasta Rosa Verde
This pasta makes a beautiful presentation with the fresh tomatoes and baby spinach. The name means red and green pasta, and it’s appropriate. I got this from my mother-in-law in an e-mail, but I have no clue where she found it. Easy to make, great dish for a week night when you don’t really feel like cooking an involved meal, but you still want to eat something a little classy.
20 min 20 min prep
|1||medium white onion, diced|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|3||cups fresh baby spinach|
|1/4||cup lemon juice|
|1/4||cup pine nuts, toasted|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Add tomatoes and heat until they start to release their liquid.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, add the salt and pepper to taste and stir in.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop the sauce into a bowl, discarding any excess liquid.
- Serve over the pasta and top with toasted pine nuts and crumbled cheese to taste.
- Note: I thought this was pretty good with the gorgonzola but it’s a little strong. It would be just as good with romano or parmesan.